Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 7 (24 Oct, Sat) Dingboche - 4400m

Today was supposedly a "rest" day as well, but based on previous experience, we knew that it would be a full-day trek around Dingboche for acclimatization.
.
This morning, I wanted to brush my teeth, so I went outside the teahouse to use the one & only tap. I could not turn the tap and found that it was frozen, and when i opened the lid of the container, I found ice floating in the container. I ended up using the water in my bottle.
.


View from the acclimatization climb
.
.
.

Awesome View
.
.
.

Another one
.
.
.

Another view at higher elevation where we could see the Turquoise Lake
.
.
.


Everybody was looking happy
But we were all very tired, as every step was tiring.
.
.
.

Happy Boon @ 5000m Elevation
Other then feeling tired, I was feeling quite good.
.
.
.
That evening everybody was feeling miserable.
PY started to lose her appetite (she was not eating at all)
HY was feeling miserable & exhausted with his cough getting worse.
AY was quite okay, but she looked really tired.
I was just tired (without headache), but my diarrhea was out of control again.
.
.
My Heart Rate (recorded in my journal):
Sleeping Heart Rate: 105 beats per sec
Resting Heart Rate: 115 beats per sec
Walking Heart Rate: 140 beats per sec
vs
My normal resting heart Rate: 65-75 beats per sec
I was quite worried (but it happened to my travelmates as well)

No comments:

Post a Comment