Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 4 (21 Oct, Wed) Namche Bazaar - 3450m

This day was supposed to be a "rest" day for acclimatization.
It turned out to be a full day trek around the town, which was quite tiring.
.


View of Mountain during Dawn from the teahouse.
.
.
.

Mt Everest  (8,848m) & Lhotse (8,516m, fourth highest mountain in the World). Everest is the one on the left, and it looks slight shorter from this angle.
This was my first view of the Everest. =)
.
.
.


Morning Exercise!!!
(PY, AY, Boon & HY)
.
.
.

Namche Bazaar
.
.
.

Another view of the mountain
.
.
.


Chorten near Khumjung (3790m)
.
.
.


Prayer Flag
.
.
.


Jumping Pics @ a runway for the plane
(Even though it is a runway, it is hardly in use)
.
.
.


Khumjung town (3790m)
.
.
.

The leaves were turning brown.
It was Autumn.
.
.
.


Studying.
The school was set up by the late Sir Edmund Hillary, the first man who summitted the Everest.
.
.
.

Symmetry
.
.
.


PY was clearly not enjoying the toilet experience.
I went to the toilet before her, and the smell was overwhelming, hence, I decided to take some photos of her reactions. haha...
but take a look at the view at the back, it was good.
.
.
.


Wild Flower
.
.
.

End of "rest" day.
Time to trek back to Namche Bazaar.
.
.
.

Colourful Socks
.
.
.
At 4.40pm (as recorded in my journal), I was experiencing mild headache, which is a sign of Altitude Sickness (aka Acute Mountain Sickness - AMS). I was already abit scared, as I only trekked to a maximum height of 3800m today, and my destination was Kala Patthar (5545m) which was 5 trekking days away.
.
Himalaya needs to be respected. The weather is unpredictable and  it was already quite cold at 4pm. I was hiding in the restaurant and did not want to explore the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment