Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 9 (26 Oct, Mon) Loboche - 4930m

This morning, I woke up at 1236am, as I was having a headache.
I put on my head-lamp and went to the toilet, as the diarrhea was still giving me problem.
I knew that the chances of me going to climb Kala Patthar was slim.
Tears started to roll down my cheek, as I was overwhelmed with disappointment.
(It sounded abit stupid now, but I was really disappointed)
.
.
.

5am in the room.
There was no light in the room.
We had to depend on our headlight.
And it was COLD at night.
.
.
.
I felt better in the morning - mild headache, but I thought I could handle it.
Hence, I decided to trek with my friends to Kala Patthar.
Unfortunately, after 15mins of trekking, my headache intensified very quickly.
I knew that if this continues, I would not be able to take it.
I decided to give up and head back to teahouse and wait for them.


Waving bye to my friends.
=(
.
.
.

Walking back to the Teahouse alone.
.
.
.

Corridor inside the Teahouse
.
.
.
How Cold is the Teahouse during the daytime?
I saw an ice cube on the corridor (dunno where the ice came from) @ 10am. Around 12noon, I still saw the ice-cube  but it was smaller.
.
.
.


Nuptse
(taken from the restaurant of the Teahouse)
.
.
.


Teahouse Restaurant
.
.
.
Price List:
1 bottle of 1-litre Mineral Water = 250 NRps (S$5)
1bottle of Boiled Water = 180 NRps (S$3.60)
1 Plate of Plain Rice = 300 NRps (S$6.00)
1 Plate of Sphagetti with Tomato Sauce = 450 NRps (S$9.00)
.
Compared the bottle of water in Kathmandu 10-15NRps.
That is 17-25 times more expensive.
In Singapore terms, assuming 1 bottle of water is S$1, the equivalent price is like S$17-S$25 per bottle.
No wonder there is no Nepali Tourist.
.
.
.


Sunset View of Nuptse
.
.
.

Simply Beautiful
.
.
.
But when I was looking at this beautiful sight, I was worrying about my friends (HY, AY, Jaya & Milan) who were still outside trekking. PY came back earlier after reaching Gorak Shep, and I knew that she had tried her best (knowing that she won't quit easily), as she did not eat much for past 3 days because of poor appetite and Nausea.
.
.
.

This was the view at around 5.30pm.
It was already quite dark, and they had been trekking since 7.30am.
After 10 hours of trekking, I still did not see them.
It was really cold outside, I told myself that it was not fun trekking at this temperature.
.
.
.

\
They came back finally!!!
I went outside to welcome them at 5.45pm
.
.
.

Jaya (Assistant Guide) was really happy with his dinner. He was extremely famished.
He was having diarrhea as well (Nepali was not invincible), but he continued with the trek.
Respect!!!
.
.
.
I was glad that everybody was safe and sound.
=)
.
.
.

View of the Everest from Kala Patthar (5545m)
(Picture taken by HY)
This is what I missed. =(
.
.
.
HY also shared with me that he saw a picture of a young caucasian lady who died while summitting Kala Patthar. It is sad and unfortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment